Physiotherapy for Guillain-Barré Syndrome
A person with Guilian-barre syndrome will benefit from neurological physiotherapy. Guillian-barre can appear suddenly without warning. Physiotherapy treatment will accelerate your recovery and lessen the severity of your condition. Physiotherapy treatment will also help you make significant improvements by promoting your maximum functional potential. Neurological physiotherapy treatment for Guillain-Barré syndrome will:
During your initial assessment an individualised treatment program will be developed depending on your individual needs and goals. Specialist neurological physiotherapy will aim to get you back to full function as soon as possible.
- Regain your independence with everyday tasks
- Retrain normal movement patterns by teaching you how to achieve activities in different ways.
- Muscle strength training, exercising as often as possible in the correct way
- Stretch tight muscles and prevent soft tissue contractures
- Improve your posture in lying, sitting and standing and sleeping
- Increase your mobility
- Increase balance and coordination
- Increase fitness and energy levels
- Increased ability to relax
- Promote recovery
↑ Back to Top